Saturday, March 10, 2012

Subtle Beauty & some Razzle Dazzle

I'm pretty notorious for not being too subtle... I have a great big personality that can easily be associated with my love of shopping, handbags and shoes!  The more razzle a dazzle has the bigger my smile gets!  Then I want it in every color~!

One look into my closet and  you will be able to affirm the above.

I love disco balls!  Do you?  I could possibly be so cliche' on this Saturday night smiling because I am thinking of Saturday Night Fever!  Come on, ladies.... John Travolta!   I love music, of course, but when  you add the disco ball and the lights reflect through the mirrored images and you have all of the colors, shine and sparkle, don't you just LOVE it?

I can honestly say I have tried to 'scale back,' perhaps 'refine' my personality a bit in the past.  I even found myself trying to edit my writing in such a way that when I would look at my work I wouldn't recognize the razzle, because it didn't have any dazzle.  Can you say delete? 

I think being subtle has such a special quality.  It is beautiful and seems to be without effort... and when I tried to be that, it took way more effort than what my razzle and dazzle did!  Simplicity is so complicated for me! 

There's a time and place to edit myself, but when I was starting to lose myself in that self propelled revision I had in my head, I knew it was time to re-evaluate why I was doing that in the first place.

I absolutely adore the subtle beauty that surrounds me but I am coming to terms with the fact that here I still stand with my bedazzled heels and sequined scarf waiting for 'MY' sweet husband to come in the door!  (tonight I will be calling him John) 

Whoever you ARE- be that person!  If you have razzle, don't  leave your dazzle behind!  And for all of you who have the subtle beauty that radiates to me like the sun does on a sunny day...I guess I will take comfort in thinking I may radiate like the disco ball on Saturday Night! (wink, wink!)

I remember growing up singing "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine... let it shine, let it shine, let it shine..."  Talk about a new interpretation of lyrics! Lol!  But I always hope you will see my heart shining more than my shoes!


Celebrate you, who you are and your uniqueness!  
And remember somebody has to shine when the sun goes down!

This is my lil' Will and he sure likes some razzle in his dazzle ~ I'm so proud! (big mama grin)

As he would say, "Rock on people, rock on!"

Lots of love,
XOXO!


2 comments:

  1. Cute little rocker boy ya got there! I love his saying...Rock on people, ROCK ON!!
    A good reminder to appreciate and enjoy the way God made each of us. I used to be known (back in the late 80's and early 90's) as the girl with the bright fuschia lips and tallest hair. I need to make my mark again....ha ha!
    Hope your Sunday is a lovely day. And i hope you are feeling ok, physically. I can't even imagine how it must be, Lori.
    You are in my prayers <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, he is a rocker! And I love it! Now the 80's and early 90's were the best! LOL! I can see you in your bright fuchsia lips & tall hair! So, I am challenging you to make your mark, your statement... what will it be???

      Our Sunday was great! Went fishing! :)

      Big hugs!

      Delete