Tuesday, April 29, 2014

You're gonna miss this...


Yesterday at this VERY moment, there were mothers and fathers everywhere filled with big dreams and hopes for their child's future.

Today, just a mere twenty four hours later, they are faced with cherry wood or oak...three songs or four? And the worst, picking out the location of where their child will be laid to rest...

No diplomas, no birthday celebrations or parties, no more "Hey Mom, I'm home..."

No more nursery rhymes or picking out pink or blue...

No more.

But just yesterday they had it all...

I had a yesterday once...nine years ago.  I had it all...and lost him the very next day.

I am always reminded no matter how much time you have, it is precious.  There are moments we just can't get back...like yesterday.

Some are staring at the very last text, or preserving the very last message...

Some are looking at messy rooms wishing for just one more mess...

Some are looking at empty cribs wishing to hear one last cry...

And most are probably screaming "WHY???" 

I have been there, done that.

Through the years grief has been no stranger to me..I miss my son every day.  I hate that I wanted my pregnancy to be over as quick as possible because I felt so fat. (gasp!)  I hate that I rushed the moments I would never get to have again.  I miss them...I miss Matthew.  I thought we had the rest of his life to look forward to, for our big dreams for him to come true...but we didn't. 

No matter your age, your child's age, or the circumstances, I think Trace Adkins says it the best...

You're gonna miss this...
You're gonna want this back...
You're gonna wish these days
hadn't gone by so fast...
These are some good times...
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
but you're gonna miss this!

Oh how that song stirs my very soul every single time I hear it.

Just the other day I was cleaning up our house and stumbled across this mess my boys made...I didn't complain about it being left behind by the boys as they hurried off to school...instead I sang in a quiet little voice "You're gonna miss this..." as big mama tears rolled down my face.


Wherever you are today, whatever your situation, I send you love and hugs today understanding some of you know exactly what I am talking about...and you miss it too!

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of mothers and fathers who have endured the heartache of loss and to all of those that are grieving their loved ones in the wake of the aftermath of the terrible tornadoes.  I am so sorry.  So very sorry.






No comments:

Post a Comment