Friday, February 24, 2012

Balloons to Heaven...

Every year for Matthew's birthday we release balloons at the cemetery filled with messages written on them, kisses and lots of hugs!  I wanted to share a couple of photos taken through the years with you today.  I know you will see the hand of God in several of them... and the love we have for Matthew as well.
 I find rest in God; only He gives me hope.  Psalm 62:5
 For the mind-set of the flesh is death, but the mind-set of the Spirit is life and peace.  Romans 8:6
 Be still,and know that I am God.  Psalm 46:10
 I thank God upon my every remembrance of you.  Phil. 1:3
 Have faith in the Lord your God and you will be upheld.... 2 Chronicles 20:20
Unfailing love surrounds those who trust the Lord.  Psalm 32:10
When we released the balloons, you can see a little piece (peace) of heaven opened up for us to know just  where the balloons were going!  This was Matthew's 4th birthday.  I am so grateful for this photograph!
Kisses before releasing the balloons on Matthew's 6th birthday... holding tightly to the strings attached to the balloons, sometimes I wish it could take us with them!  
This is my most favorite photograph after we had just released the balloons... see the Angel? If you don't believe there is a God, you should!  God knows just what we need, and when we needed an Angel, he revealed one to us that was going to receive Matthew's balloons and carry them to heaven for us! :)
 And then there's this one... when we got home from the cemetery...  Thank you God for your promise! 
Let us hold on to the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful!  
Hebrews 10:23 
This, my friends, is my little piece (peace) of heaven that I wanted to share with you today... But perhaps tonight or tomorrow I will show you an even bigger piece (peace) of what God has given so special to us on this journey!  

Have a lovely day and look ahead... you never know what God has to show you!
With lots of hope & love, LW
Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you.  Proverbs 4:25

No comments:

Post a Comment