Thursday, July 25, 2013

12 Day (Back to School) Bucket List

The countdown is here, 13 days left until the boys go back to school..(big sigh!)

I am really going to miss making jelly sandwiches!  Really!!!  I have become a professional ninja-like jelly sandwich maker!  Mad skills Mama!  ;)

Earlier today, I was in the pool with the boys and we were talking about getting ready to go back to school. I am not ready for them to go back!  Summer is too short!

Wanting to pack as many memories in with the time we have left, I decided to ask them if they wanted to make a 12 day bucket list to do before school starts!  They were all over it!

I ran into the house to get a pen and paper and ran back out to the pool to hear my boys so excited over making this list.  (big mama grin)

I wanted to share this idea with you in case you are also wanting to pack in some last minute memories of the 2013 Summer!  

I had them brainstorm all of their ideas and I wrote each one down.  This evening when their daddy gets home from work, we will go through them and make the 12 Day (Back to School) Bucket List together.

After narrowing down the top 12, we will add lagniappe!  But the top 12 must  be done and must be done as a family!  And at least one must be done per day!  

I am including the wonderful things we have to choose from, straight from the boys!  

I must say that I am excited that we decided to do this and I know that we will make some really great memories that will add to our collection!

(I am betting that if you know my boys, you know just which one picked what!)  ;)

The list is in no particular order, just written randomly as it was said.
Here we go:

family flag football or baseball game
laser tag (we have 4 laser guns and it is so fun to play at home, highly recommend!)
family 4 wheeler ride through trail (this would include me...oy vey!)
go to the creek
play Apples to Apples
make root beer floats
stay up all night 
family fishing day
scavenger hunt
camping (Nate said in tents, Will said in Pop's RV!)
family barbecue
golfing
batting practice
floundering
shoot fireworks
spend time at Pop and Nanas
spend time at Maw Maw and Paw Paws
have late night ice cream snacks
jump into fresh water puddles after the rain
family fitness day
family shopping day (ah, be still my heart, Will is just like his mama!)
squirrel or rabbit hunting
Barq's Root Beer in the bottle with peanuts in it (that's a southern thing!) 
fried chicken on a Friday night (oh here's the story that goes along with that one)- Nate says "Mom, since tomorrow is Friday, we should have fried chicken." Before I could respond, Will shouts "oh oh, and a pair of jeans that fit just right!" Thank you Zac Brown...thank you!)

As you can see, we are going to have some fun, huh?  :)  I love that they love to spend time together and that they love and value family time!  That is so important to us!  

I am not sure which ones will make the top 12, but I am looking forward to finding out!

More importantly, I am looking forward to making the most out of the next two weeks and this is going to be a great way to do that!

A special thank you to my boys for making this amazing list for us to do!  


And a big heart full of gratitude that we have the opportunity to make memories with them like this!  I know what a GIFT that is!!!

Summer won't last but these memories sure will!!!

Signing off,
Grateful Mama














No comments:

Post a Comment