Thursday, September 12, 2013

Go Away "BLAH" Day!


This morning I was exhausted.  Not just  physically, but emotionally exhausted too.

Lots on my mind and heart.

When I woke up this morning, I thought I would take a breather and shut online communications down for just a few days...for whenever I feel this overwhelmed, I just want to be still and quiet.  Which is okay, I take time when I need it to breathe, but today making that decision didn't feel so right.

Tragedy, lives lost, and the rawness that 9-11 brings for everyone left me grateful for where we are but overwhelmed for the thousands who lost loved ones. Overwhelmed that so much pain and suffering is in this world and that so many horrific memories were relived yesterday, yet, no doubt relived daily by many, as we all know can and does happen.

To be honest, I even found it hard to give praise this morning when I was doing my devotional!  (gasp!) Truth, that's the truth.  BUT...I was determined to not let the sadness in my heart keep me from giving thanks to the Lord.  Sometimes, it isn't so easy to give thanks y'all on the blah days...you know what I mean? BUT...I must.  I have a rule that for every one thing that makes me sad I find three things that I am grateful for.  I find that when I do that, that joy in my heart peeks its head back up!

As I say, joy is ALWAYS welcome!

So, I made it through my devotional and a little prayer time, came into (what I thought was going to do anyway) shut down communications for a few days and Pandora was playing "10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord)" by Matt Redman.

"The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
it's time to sing your song again  
whatever may pass and whatever lies before me 
let me be singing when the evening comes...
bless the Lord oh my soul, worship His holy name..."

Woah.

I thought I want to be singing when the evening comes...so I had better start singing this morning!

I don't know what lies before me today, but I want to embrace it with a song of praise and worship in my heart.

I am still kind of "blah"at the moment, but I am less blah then I was when I woke up, less blah than I was before I started singing and blessing His name!

And if that continues, (the less blah part,) I should be just about right at noon!  ;)

Have a lovely day everyone!  XO!








No comments:

Post a Comment