Monday, September 16, 2013

Somewhere Over the Rainbow...my thoughts

As I was sitting outside today, the song "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" kept going through my head... over and over. I looked up at the sky several times to just look... I don't really know what I was looking for, but I knew I wanted to look. Do you ever feel like you are looking for something but you really don't know quite what it is??? Today was that day. And as the words to Somewhere Over the Rainbow were replaying in my head, I realized my baby boy is "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" ~ up in heaven... and I thought how absolutely beautiful it must be where he is. Think about how beautiful a rainbow is from our perspective... each color, just where God placed it... in perfect harmony connecting color to color... breathtaking. I have never really thought about this song in such a literal way, as I did today.

My thoughts... well, read the lyrics and I will elaborate on my thoughts...

"Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high There's a land that I've heard of once in a lullaby. Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue And the dreams that you dare to dream, Really do come true. Someday I'll wish upon a star And wake up where the clouds are far behind me. Where troubles melt like lemon drops, High above the chimney tops, That's where you'll find me. Somewhere over the rainbow, blue birds fly Birds fly over the rainbow Why then, oh why can't I? If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow Why, oh why can't I?" ~E.Y. Harburg

You see, over the rainbow is where my sweet boy is... way up high... as I looked at the beautiful blue skies above me today, I knew my dream had come true on July 2, 2005 when my perfect little boy was being born... but all too soon, he flew away... far away and over the rainbow. At night when I look upon the stars, I think of him, and I wonder what he is doing, and I miss him, I miss him so much my heart feels like it is bleeding some days... I know one day I will be with Matthew again...but I often wonder... why oh' why can't I fly beyond the rainbow to my baby? Oh how I wish I could... I know that may be a very cheesy illustration for that song, but today that is where my heart took me... "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."

When I look at a rainbow, I am so full of hope... a rainbow is a sign of God's promise, and I know I will be with Matthew again... and we will both be "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."  Oh how that melts my heart. I can't be there right now, but as I sit on this side of the rainbow, I know my precious baby boy has a view that I can only dream of. One I think I will dream of tonight...

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! What a great perspective to have of the rainbow. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete